Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Classic Russian souviner?

So, Steph and I were walking only about a 1/2 mile from Red Square yesterday when we decided to do some souviner shopping. As many of you know the traditional and most popular of the Russian souviner is the "matroshka" or Nesting dolls. These are hand crafted wooden pieces that fit inside one another. Well, I found the best ones I could imagine in one paticular store proving that not only is it a Hawkeye nation it is a Hawkeye world!! It didn't take me too long to decide to make the purchase!

6 comments:

pickster said...

That's amazing. Even in Russia they love the Hawk's! Safe travels

Unknown said...

A MIGHTY FINE FIND IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!

Brian Pick said...

That is pretty dang cool!

Crandon's said...

The perfect edition to any Hawkeye fan's collection. It's all meant to be! Have safe travels home and carry on Stanzi and his buddies.

Honey Johnson said...

I must say I was enjoying your blog up until your sovenier pics :)

rmw said...

love it! D said those are 'amazing' ")